Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pittsburgh!


So this is a town I don't get to see enough in my life. In fact, I'm there quite infrequently and I suppose I'm going to have to remedy that. 

Pittsburgh is a fantastic city especially down by the Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History. There is a ton to do and see. But this time around the focus wasn't the museums (although we did go to one while we were there) but rather a focus on shooting some street photography. 

Now I have to admit this isn't something I do all that often and frankly my skills are significantly lacking. Trying to get a shot of a guy on a bike while crossing a busy street and missing that the light has turned green? Never a good thing to do... 

Not to mention, and this is something I hadn't noticed until the most recent trip, the bus lanes for the city run opposite to the flow of one way streets! That makes life a little more interesting when you think cars are only coming from the left but lo and behold there is a city bus bearing down on you from the right. Splat...

But I managed to stay away from becoming a human piece of roadkill and got a couple of great shots. However the top one isn't one of them! In fact it's a shot that my girlfriend and always traveling partner, Lauren took.

The story goes that I didn't have my camera on me at the time (shocking I know but I didn't want to lug around the long lens I brought while inside the museum) and as we trudged back to the car I saw this composition and had to have it. So instead of relinquishing the camera, she took the shot herself at my direction and I did all of the post processing on it. So i laid it out, edited and posted it so I consider it at least 70% mine...the world may say otherwise.

But that being said it was a successful day trip and should be highly recommended to anyone capable of getting to Pittsburgh. There is plenty to see for several days and if you're capable of doing a quick trip, its an excellent escape for a little while.

I'm going to be posting some more photos soon from the trip so be sure to check back and see a couple more pics and hear a couple more stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Check Out The Flickr!

About

Tallmadge, Ohio, United States
I'm Mike and I'm The Perpetual Hobbyist! I'm an avid home brewer, tinkerer, and traveler. Even though I work a 9-5, I always find time to indulge in my passions - even with a tight schedule. Join me as I make the most of my free time - learning and doing as many things as I can

Followers