Thursday, April 15, 2010

Volcanic Eruptions





Good morning one and all!

For all 3 of you that are reading this I thought I'd pass this little tidbit on.

In Iceland today there is a pretty large eruption of a volcano charmingly called Eyjafjallajokull and usually I wouldn't put this on a photo blog of mine but, as of now, is flickr related so there are pictures!

Hundreds of flights have been canceled due to ash that has been dispersed out into the air via the eruption. Ironically enough, the volcano is erupting near a glacier so there is an incredible amount of steam as well as the possibility for some fantastic photos and videos. Check out the flickr.com home page today for a whole gallery of photos and videos!

I'm going to try and keep this photo related so I won't share the gory details but if you're into that sort of thing (which I am so if you're reading this you probably will be too) the just click on the source links!

Photo credit orvaratli

  [ telegraph via gizmodo ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Check Out The Flickr!

About

Tallmadge, Ohio, United States
I'm Mike and I'm The Perpetual Hobbyist! I'm an avid home brewer, tinkerer, and traveler. Even though I work a 9-5, I always find time to indulge in my passions - even with a tight schedule. Join me as I make the most of my free time - learning and doing as many things as I can

Followers