Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What's This Vimeo Thing?!

I know that this seems like I'm a little behind the 8 ball but it still seems worth posting that I have just discovered the joy that is Vimeo. I, obviously, already new about Vimeo but I, surprisingly, had never actually been to the home site and had only watched Vimeo videos when they are embedded into other sites.

That being said, I have never had any good luck with the embedded player actually, which is probably why I never hit up the home site (I don't peruse YouTube either, in and out for what I want to watch). But after a great video called Undercity that was on featured on Gizmodo I was prompted to check out the Vimeo page more videos like that one.

For a bit of background, Undercity is a fantastic video about exploring the underbelly and restricted areas of New York and it is a simply breathtaking video. It may not seem like much of a premise but it is gorgeous...

UNDERCITY from Andrew Wonder on Vimeo.


Anyway, after that I was hooked, I started searching Vimeo and have come across a slew of fantastic videos and I have even picked up an account (does anyone smell some videos from MGRPhoto coming down the pike?...)

So as a recommendation, check out the Vimeo homepage. There seem to be more significantly well made videos that are easier to find on Vimeo than on YouTube (don't jump on me with hate mail if you disagree! Just give me some good examples!) and I think you'll find some great videos and some fun! Be sure to check out Undercity if you're a photographer, it will really grab at you if you're into beautiful things. Also keep an eye out for stuff I may be uploading soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Check Out The Flickr!

About

Tallmadge, Ohio, United States
I'm Mike and I'm The Perpetual Hobbyist! I'm an avid home brewer, tinkerer, and traveler. Even though I work a 9-5, I always find time to indulge in my passions - even with a tight schedule. Join me as I make the most of my free time - learning and doing as many things as I can

Followers